We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
- T.S. Eliot


Welcome to Ten Roads! This blog is intended to be a place for me to share my (generally Civil War-related) thoughts and experiences. I try to update once a week at the very least. All comments and readers are greatly appreciated!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dedication Day 2008

Click here to view the video I took of Ken Burns' speech at the Soldiers National Cemetery on November 19th, 2008.

I was helping out the Civil War Institute, so I was "behind the scenes," thus this video is at a somewhat unique angle.

3 comments:

Jim Beeghley said...

Sarah,

Thank you for sharing the video from Dedication Day. I had to work and was unable to attend. Hope to make it there Saturday for the parade if it isn't snowing.

Jim Beeghley
Teaching the Civil War with Technology

Google Shill #7139 said...

Wars of liberation, historical parallels, the idea that we are at the brink of a civil war?

Why does he strike me as a massive Drama Queen?

Don said...

Welcome back, Sarah, and thanks for posting the video! I hope all's going well.

Yore